Sunday, June 10, 2012

Past and Future Weddings

Today was such a wonderful day! My best friend Cassie has gotten engaged and asked me to be her Matron of Honor. Of course I am honored ha ha! She is such a wonderful woman and truly a great friend. She was one of the first people I met in high school when we moved from New York and we've been best buds ever since. She has been there for me through everything that has mattered in my life. She was my Maid of Honor at my wedding and I know we are connected for life.

Today we had a girls day out with her mother and mother in law. We had lunch, went to look at the beautiful chapel she and her fiance chose for their ceremony, and then we went to try on bridesmaid dresses and she tried on a few bridal gowns. Of course she looked gorgeous in every single gown she tried on! She has the most elegant taste, and she loves lace and it loves her! It was such an exciting day! I cannot wait until all of the festivities begin...Her wedding is in April, so it will be a beautiful spring wedding! She has picked a beautiful blue as her color, that would honestly look great on any skin color. The months ahead will be filled with fun and excitement as she plans, and I cannot be more excited for her. She has found a wonderful man, who loves her and cares for her and treats her as she deserves to be treated!

All this wedding talk makes me think back to my wedding! It was the best time of my life, so far. Our 5 year anniversary is coming up in November. I can't believe how fast the time goes by. It honestly feels like yesterday that we were planning! I remember the ups, downs, high's and lows, because what bride doesn't get stressed out to make the day as perfect as it can be. I tried to keep the true reason of our day in plain sight and that helped a lot because all that mattered was that I was marrying the love of my life, and our day was perfect! After the wedding we were blessed to spend a beautiful honeymoon in Hawaii. It was magical, that whole entire month! I will remember it like it was yesterday for as long as I live. Here are a few of my favorite photos from our wedding and honeymoon, now that I have been reminiscing.




















No comments:

Post a Comment